Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Forcing Myself to Write- Day 1

So, how did I get started?

Honestly, I first got interested in the game because of the Knights of the Dinner Table. I was about eleven, had just moved to a tiny village away from all my (probably imaginary) friends, and my parents had gotten some copies of the Bundles of Trouble as a gift. They had played D&D and laughed about the comics as they were intended, but I laughed because these were comics about some guys hanging out and talking about wasting dragons with crossbows and fireballs. I wanted friends, and I wanted to talk about made-up fantasy worlds, so the type of game they were playing seemed like a thing worth checking out.

So, my parents picked me up a copy of D&D 3 and we ran some games. I had little to no clue how to play, my GMing was terrible, and it took me almost eight years to figure out that I was playing the game wrong. KoDT was funny because the play style they represented was the worst way to go about playing any RPG. The GM and players are not supposed to be antagonistic, the rules lawyer is the worst player at the table, and Sara should have left the table years ago.

I should probably reread the comics again. They were funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment